Monday, August 6, 2007

Our current focus during personal writing is using a variety of sentence beginnings.



Finally we got there, yes we were there, Browns Bay Park. Lucy and I ran off like cheaters to our favourite place of all, the snake like slide. You go in pinkish and you come out green, that's what we like about it. Once again we go in, ''WHOOSH''. We're zooming down faster than a race car, then ''Pop'' out we come, green as grass. '' I feel sick,'' I mumbled.
''Same,'' said Lucy.

Suddenly something caught my eye. It was new at the park, it was a spinning top. ''What's that?,'' asked Lucy, as she had seen it too. Instantly we ran over to it. First foot on, and off the spinning top goes, faster than lightning. ZOOM!. ''My pumpkin soup and Calci Kids is swirling like a whirlpool,'' I shouted.
''Make it stop, make it stop,'' we screamed. Unexpectedly the spinning top stopped with a screech. Lucy and I nearly fell off forward. Now that's what I call an extreme ride.

Alanna (age 10)